The car that learns as you learn
Programming languages: Blockly and Python
What you'll learn: Artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, sensors, LEDs, gyro, accelerometer, buzzers
Zumi is tiny buildable self-driving car kit that’s all about making artificial intelligence approachable. Learn about how autonomous cars use sensors and cameras to navigate around the world and learn about the environment using AI. Code her using Blockly or Python. It’s the perfect way to learn not only what AI is, but how it works.
Comes in a set of 10, 20, or 30 individual Zumi kits.
"Basics + Intermediate" 4-Hour PD Course Included
A professional development course for a group of up to 4 people is included in this package. In this course, we'll help you get everything you need to hit the ground running on day 1.
- What is Zumi and what can it do? Learn more about Zumi and how to introduce artificial intelligence to your classroom
- Learn the ins and outs of all the features and specifications
- Building tips and pre-power on checklist
- Zumi WiFi communication and connecting to Zumi
- Overview of Zumi’s web interface
- Know where to find all of our resources, tutorials, and lesson plans.
- Train Zumi to recognize colors and gestures
- Use the Blockly and Python programming interfaces and follow along to write your very first Zumi program!
- Best practices for troubleshooting and maintenance
*This is a general outline. Our training can be tailored based on your needs.
What's in each box:
Each individual Zumi kit comes with the following:
- 1 Zumi shell
- 1 chassis
- 1 Zumi main board
- 1 Raspberry Pi Zero
- 1 OLED screen
- 1 Pi Camera
- 1 Pi Cam ribbon cable
- 1 microSD card
- 1 LiPo battery (battery life is approximately 1 hour)
- 2 DC motors
- 2 wheels
- 1 mounting bracket
- Screws and standoffs
- 1 jumper wire
- 1 USB cable
- 1 screwdriver
- Color activity cards
We recommend a 1:1 student to device ratio, and at most a 2:1 ratio.
Head over to Basecamp to see our free lessons.