Understanding the rules and design limitations for Sumo Robots.
The field will be 48″ x 48″ with a white surface, and will be bounded by standard black electrical tape. The line will be .75″. An example of the field is presented below:
Rules and Regulations
- Robots are constructed using the “Smart Inventor Board”
- Robots are built at/within the size limit, 8.5″ x 8.5″, width by length, and do not go outside of that size limit at any time during the match
- There is no height limit
- Only two motors may be used on the robot
- The robot must be autonomous, and not operated by a control
- The robot cannot exceed 1.5 lbs
- The robot must buzz within the first five seconds to Indicate it is about to start.