Meet CoDrone EDU
A Drone Made for Learning
Programming languages: Blockly and Python
What you'll learn: Drones, flight, accelerometers, gyroscopes, LEDs, color sensors, obstacle detection, sound, block coding, text-coding
The CoDrone EDU is a programmable drone, meant for learning in the classroom. Code it in Python or start from the basics with block-based coding. Unique to this drone are its color sensors, a front range sensor, a bottom range sensor, among others—all usable in code. With a durable and safe frame, programmable lights, and access to its 7 sensors, it's an excellent learning too and a great way to learn coding and engineering skills.
This our bundle for a school-wide implementation. It includes 30 drones with additional accessories, and professional development to make sure you're confident using the kits in the classroom on day 1. We recommend 2 students to 1 drone, with a drone or two set aside for the teacher. This is a great set to purchase for school with 30 - 50 students between a couple classes.
The entire CoDrone EDU School Package includes:
- 30 CoDrone EDUs
- 33 Smart Controllers (includes 2 extras)
- 120 rechargeable batteries
- 60 two-battery chargers
- 30 sets of replacement propellers (each set has 2 clockwise, 2 counter-clockwise)
- 3 sets of replacement motors (2 clockwise, 2 counter-clockwise)
- 3 replacement frame sets
- "Basics + Intermediate + Pro" 6-hour virtual PD course for a group of up to 4 people
- 2-year extended warranty
Note: AA batteries not included.
"Basics + Intermediate + Pro" 6-Hour PD Course Included
A professional development course for a group of up to 4 people is included in this package. In this course, we'll help you get everything you need to hit the ground running on day 1.
- Unbox the drone with us and learn the ins and outs of all the features and specifications
- Learn tips for powering, pairing, and charging your drones
- Learn the rules for safe piloting, how to pilot the drone, and how to access all the settings on the controller
- Go over how to get started with programming and program your first autonomous flight!
- Know where to find all of our resources, tutorials, and lesson plans.
- How do drones work? Learn the basics of drone mechanics
- Drone applications in the real world and how to incorporate them into the classroom
- Deep dive into each of the 7 sensors and explore with programming examples
- Best practices for troubleshooting and maintenance
- How to set up your classroom for a positive drone experience
- Class management techniques
- Be a student! Follow along the first few lessons with a Robolink expert.
*This is a general outline. Our training can be tailored based on your needs.
So Which CoDrone Should You Get?
Check out our blog post, for a more detailed comparison of our latest CoDrone EDU to the CoDrone Mini and the CoDrone Pro.
Minimum System Requirements
If you're planning to use Blockly, make sure to check the minimum system requirements.
We recommend a 2:1 student to device ratio, or a 1:1 ratio for smaller groups under 10 students.
Head over to Basecamp to see our free lessons.